Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bowling for New Years

Last night turned out to be better than I thought it would. N and I made plans to hang out for the evening early in the day. I was hoping to buy a bottle of champagne and drink it with her but her neighbor ended up inviting us to go Bowling for New Years and we accepted his invitation.

We went to work for the evening and let me tell you, it was hell. There are a lot of personalities at work that rub each other the wrong way, and everyone was pissy last night. Plus just the work of feeding, watering, walking, and cleaning up after 100+ crazy dogs was exhausting. When we got off work, N was getting a migrane. We went to the store and bought some Advil for her to take and headed to her house. While waiting for time to go bowling roll around she crawled into bed as I put some clothes away for her. She asked me how interested I really was in going. I told her only partially and we decided not to go. But, her friend who was going with us was already on her way and I didn't want to disappoint her so I agreed to go while N stayed at home to sleep of her migrane. Bowling ended up being fun, and I was feed free beer from the people we went with. I was taken home shortly before midnight and was playing Halo 2 as the clock struck the New Year.

As soon as I got in from bowling I called O just as I promised her I would. I was pretty disappointed to get her voicemail because I was really looking forward to talking to her. I left her what I thought was a good message and hopped on Xbox Live to play Halo 2. A few minutes later my phone rang while I was in the middle of a game. It was O, she sounded pretty excited to talk to me and we ended up having a nice little conversation. I mentioned that I was looking forward to her returning so we could do something and she said she was too (Score!). She told me she and her friend would be leaving Colorado on the 7th and would probably arrive her two or three days later. I'm looking forward to getting together with her and doing something.

Mood: Optomistic
Music: Arms Bend Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home