Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I don't want to come across as being shallow or whatever

This morning, my boss and I were outside walking dogs. She told me that she had something kinda weird to tell me. I told her to shoot. She proceeded to tell me that my smell had been a topic of conversation amongst the women of the store recently. They couldn't figure out why I smelled so good and they though that I was actually wearing cologne to work. They asked N about it and she informed them that it was in fact just the deodorant that I use. Well, apparently, one of the girls who used to work at the store got pretty hot under the collar for me when she caught a wiff of me. This in and of itself is pretty flattering. The whole idea that the women of the store have been talking about my smell, and digging it is nice and the idea that a girl would be attracted to me and get hot from catching a wiff of is awesome but there's a problem. This girl that was getting all hot and bothered over me is very large and very unattractive.

Note: I read Monmoth's blog, and I have read and agree with this post. I know how to and have appreicated many women's bodies. None of whom conformed to the "perfect" body that we have shoved down our throat by pop culture. I appreciate the individualness of any woman's body and take it and enjoy it for what it is and uniquely has to offer.

This girl is different. She is very obese and not at all attractive. In principle, the whole situation is flattering and does a lot for my self esteem, but on the other hand, I'm a bit repulsed by the one who it involves.

At the end of her time at the store, I was starting to get the hint that she liked me anyway. I'm pretty observant and I was just getting the feeling that she was hitting on me a bit. Let me tell you , it gave me the heeby jeebies. Ug. I don't want to come across as being shallow or whatever, but I don't think I could ever be into this girl at all. Well, I guess it's a mute anyway since she is no longer there.

Update: This had been the topic of discussion into the workday today. Everyone thinks it's really funny that the girl was giving me the heeby jeebies. Everyone has joked about the situation so far, so I don't feel bad about being grossed out. Although the very thought of any intimacy with the girl gives me a nice heaving deep in my stomach.

Music: The Get Up Kids
Mood: strangely vague
--

Quick hits: I got a breadmaker from a friend for Christmas last nigth. Woo! The party was good, although only half of the invited showed up. O comes back soon! N is watching a movie with dude tonight. :( I cut my head on a kennel. I have to be back at work in 7.5 hours. Bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home