Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Sign Game

Last night I participated in perhaps the most redneck activity I have ever taken part in. Background: My roommate and I were looking for something to do. Since we curently don't have any female entertainment lined up our plans included beer but not much else. We looked around at a few of the bars in town, but nothing good seemed to be happening so we passed. After a little while of just sitting around the apartment my roomate suggested that we go out and play The Sign Game.

I had no fucking clue what the sign game was so he explained it to me. Basically, you go to a gas station and pick up a six pack of beer. Then you ride out into the country and drink the beer on the way. At some point, preferably when you have empty bottles, you decide to start playing. Basically what you do is you pick out a sign on the side of the road and toss your empty bottle at it as you speed pass at speeds in excess of 60 miles per hour. When you hit the sign, the bottle makes a very satisfying pop sound and shatters into a million pieces.

I know there are tons of problems with this type of behavior. Believe me, my environmentalist, don't drink and drive, don't litter self is screaming at me for even taking part last night.

Last night turned out to be lots of fun, and we came back no worse for the wear. We really didn't get drunk, only buzzed, and we were so far out in the sticks that there was very little traffic and probably none if any cops. Most of our time was spend on county roads and secondary state highways.

I just hope next time I can improve on my 2 for 6 performance and still make it home in one piece.

Mood: Optomistic
Music: The Juliana Theory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home