Thursday, February 24, 2005

Getting the Urge

I've always been into doing things in the outdoors. I've always had an adventuresome side. Lately, I've been getting the urge to go do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail (AT). I've been secretly starting to plan an AT excursion this summer for a few weeks now. Ideally, I'd like to take three months to through hike the thing, all the way from Springer Mt to Katahdin but that isn't really feasible at this point in my life, so I guess a 5 day 40 to 50 mile hike will have to do instead.

I've already got a good portion of the equipment that I would need for such an adventure. I've collected it through either my European excursion or through gifts meant for the camper in me who rarely gets the chance to practice the act. For instance, I've got a North Face tent in my closet that has only seen two campsites. How sad, but I think I'm going to change that.

There are only a few critical items that I really need to acquire before I can just take off and do it. With working full time this summer cleaning shitpiss, as I am planning, I should be able to afford these things. All this is just in the planning stages right now, The clouds of ideas are starting to form and come together in what I can tell will be one heck of a thunderstorm.

I'm already getting excited, and this proposed trip is still at least three months away. As more things become planned and more becomes known I will be sure to write liberally about it.

Mood:Excited
Music:Breakup Mix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home