Wednesday, March 02, 2005

If one propels oneself into the troposphere

Tomorrow is a big day, you see, I'm planning on graduating in December so, the search for a real job is starting to ramp up and hit full steam.

Tomorrow is the logistics career fair at school. I've been to career fairs at school before, but just to look around, get a feel for what they're like and talk to a few companies. Tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow I'm going in search of a job. Not that I will probably find one, but I will be meeting and greeting with the intention of returning in the fall in search of interviews.

Since the fall of 2001, I've been living the good life. I finally reached that stage where I'm an adult but not really. I was thinking the other day that I can pretty much do whatever I want now adays without really answering to anyone. I don't have to tell Mom and Dad where I'm going or who I'm going to be with, as I did in high school. For instance, when I tell them about my hiking trip this summer, they won't care, they will just want to know the requisite information (i.e. when will I be back, when will I contact them, nothing anyone else concerned about me would want to know) I get to enjoy these simple joys of being free from the totalitarian control of parents but without really facing all the challenges of 'real' adulthood.

I'm still on the payroll at home, I look forward to my stipend that comes from Mom and Dad at the begining of every month. It's really the best of both worlds. I don't have to work (although I do) and I can pretty much do what I want within the confinds of the law.

Starting tomorrow, that will all slowly start coming to an end. By this time next year, ideally, I'll be living on my own (without roommates) and settling into a job. I'll be out in the real world with nothing more than a piece of paper from a university saying that I'm trainable. I'll have to rely on my skills, wit, and charm to earn a living. I won't have that monthly stipend to cover all my bills and most of my expenses.

It all makes me a little nostalgic for the simpler days of my youth. But, I can't stop the progression of time and the inevitable changes it brings. I guess I can only embrace it and dive headlong into it the way I devote myself to the other important things in my life.

So, here's to being young. So, as I put on my suit tomorrow morning to walk out the door to dive into the real world and meet my future, I guess I should think about those proverbial words:

One should hyperesthetically exercise macrography upon that situs which one will eventually tenent if one propels oneself into the troposphere.

Music: Greenday
Mood: Nervous, Nostalgic, Optomistic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home