Friday, April 08, 2005

Give up a little to gain so much.

It was one year ago Monday that my life took a turn. In some aspects for the worse, some for the better. This will be a several part series that will recount a pivotal time in my life.

If you're just joining us now, you missed a brilliant speech lets go now live to Part I: On Being Fat and find out what the voters think.

Then, go read the fun post where N tells me Part II: "J, I need a break."

Part III: Comfortable in my own skin

Part IV: Give up a little to gain so much.

I used to sympathize with my fellow fat people. When people would tease me about being fat, I would shrug it off, saying, I'm not fat, I'm just big boned. I was really in complete denial about how fat I was. I just didn't think about it, I kind of pushed it out of my concious thoughts.

Now that I have made certain life choices, exercising more, watching what I eat, counting calories, resisting temptation (Sometimes). I am living happier and healthier with myself. I look around at the world around me and remember what it was like to be fat. I remember how uncomfortable I was about myself. I look around and see all the fat people and the morbidly obese people and I feel sorry for them - living that way when they really don't have to. I know that for the vast majority of them, there is no health problem that makes them fat, there is no medical reason why they are carrying around 50 or 100 extra pounds. It comes down to life choices. Watching what you eat, not overindulging yourself, and being responsible for your well being and physical health.

I understand now that you have to give up a little (some of the joys of food) to gain so much. Now, after being through what I have been through, losing so much weight, going from a 38x32 to a 29x32, I don't feel sorry for the other fat people in the world so much anymore. I don't sympathize with them as much as I did when I was fat. I know now, how easy it is to lose weight and become more healthy. It just takes concious decisions and the resolve of a strong mind.

Mood: Tired
Music: None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home