Monday, April 11, 2005

Sad state of affairs

For those of you who read Backside 180 on a regular basis, you will rememeber last week when I was complaining about my parents harrassing me about money, and how my Dad basically told me outright that I was bleeding him dry. Well, shortly after the conversation that I had with them on the phone in Walmart, I got this email from my Mom. I don't know exactly how to feel about it.

I don't want to be a snotty nosed brat with a sense of entitlement, because I know there are a lot of folks who are way worse off than we are and who would have never had near the opprotunities that I have had in my life, but sometimes I feel like one. Anyway, here is the text of the email my Mom sent me:

Hey honey,

Sorry for the conversation this pm. We are having financial issues
right now. I probably promised you funds for clothes that we didn't
have. But, I was going to make good and I will. The AE account is in
arrears and will have to stay there. In the future, you need to
communicate directly and only with me.

The facts are that we had to unplug the phones this weekend because we
didn't want to be embarrassed by the creditors calling.

We don't have money for groceries until Thurs because we spent our
grocery money on our guests. That may seem like not a problem, but
Dad and I are 50 years old. You are 23, there is a difference.

Maybe I can find a second job at Target, I have been thinking of applying.

Love, Mom

I think it's a pretty sad state of affairs when a couple who makes about $150,000, can't really afford to sent their three kids to college. It's not my parents fault, they are very responsible with their money. I guess life and college expenses are just catching up. Damn the out of state tuition.

Mood: Stress level 2 (out of 5)
Music: Plea for Peace Comp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home