Saturday, May 28, 2005

Here comes the really interesting part.

I have a new crush. There is this girl that brings her dogs into the store. She has been bringing them for pretty much the whole time that I've been there and I have always found her pretty attractive. With all the stuff going on with N though, I didn't think about her too much, much less think about asking her out.

I'm not sure what brought it up, maybe it was just me and my manager talking about her one morning after she dropped her boys off. I must have mentioned that I thought she was cute of something. After talking about it some more, my boss asked me why I didn't just ask her out.

I guess there were two reasons for that. 1. I didn't know whether or not she was single. 2. I hadn't really thought about her in that context.

Well, I put my boss up to the task of finding out whether or not she was single, turns out she is. And from the way my boss tells it, seemed at least a little bit interested in the fact that I was interested in her.

So, over the next few weeks, I have tried to start talking to her a bit when she comes in. She is really sweet and very cute. It turns out that she was a microbiology major and now works at the state forensics lab her in town. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Through the course of talking to her, and watching her and having my boss (who knows much more about her than I do) talk about her, I have developed a bit of a crush on her.

I've put my mind to the fact that I'm going to ask her out after I come back from my trip. So, sometime next week. I'm not sure how I want to do it yet, because I actually feel a bit weird about it. I mean, I only see her while I'm working, and she is a customer, so it kind of feels weird to be asking her out in that situation. I've been asking my boss what she thinks, whether it is even a good idea at all.

She has actually been pretty helpful and has come up with what I consider the best idea so far. She is a runner, and I'm a runner, so here in theory is how it is going to go down.

J: Hey, so I understand you are a runner.
Girl: Yeah, I am. I'm actually training for the police academy.
J: Oh cool. Well, I'm a runner to and I've been looking for someone to run with. Do you think you'd like to get together sometime and go for a run.
Girl: Yeah, that sounds nice.

Yeah, cheezy, corny, call it what you will, but it's all I've got right now. The best I can think of given the situation. If she does go for it. We'll see how it goes, then maybe a dinner invitation will be in order. I even know where I'd like to take her if she'd agree. One step at a time though.

Oh, and here comes the really interesting part. At first I figured she was just a student, maybe a grad student. But, when I found out she works at the forensics lab, I knew she had to be a little older. She seems to be in pretty good shape, so I thought she was 24, maybe 25. Well, it turns out that she is 29. That kinda weirded me out at first when I found out, but upon further reflection, I think it might actually make things more interesting. Yeah, that's right, I've been mentally exploring the possibilities.

Mood: Up
Music: Dave Matthews Band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home