Monday, June 27, 2005

Day I

I'm back. I know what you are thinking too, just what the Scientist said when I sent her a text with the news, "Already!?" Yeah, I'm back already, but I'm not going to tell why, that would just ruin it for all of you. What I am going to do is post my journal entries that I handwrote for the next few days, that way you will get the tale chronoligically, as I experienced it. So prepare yourself, and try to guess why I came back early. Was it a snakebite? Did I get accosted? Did I pass out from heat stroke and have to be airlifted off the trail? I guess it will take a few days to find out.

Ok, here we go, Day I

June 23, 2005

I'm starting a journey tomorrow. I'll be hiking 50+ miles of the Appalachian Trail begining tomorrow morning. I know it will be fun, I know it is going to be a good experience but still, tonight, I feel cautious and apprehensive. I think it's mostly the unknown.

My last great solo journey was four years ago when I moved to London by myself. I don't remember if I felt then how I feel know but I'm pretty sure I did.

Even though Angus is going with me, I still long for a traveling companion. I wish someone were going with me, I think taht would ease my fears considerably. As is the custom with AT Hikers, I have been trying to decide on a trail name. I'm considering Hoot, a nod to my volunteer work or Frodo. Although I like Hoot, I think Frodo might be better right now for me. I will sleep on it and come to a decision tomorrow.

The hour is late and I must rise early for my pack is heavy and the road is long.
So there you go, check back tomorrow for the next entry.

Mood: Hungry
Music: CKY - An Answer Can be Found

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home