Thursday, June 23, 2005

old fashioned paper journal

This afternoon, my Dad and I will head up to our mountain house to drop off a return vehicle for me and to spend the night. Tomorrow morning the plan is to rise early and head north to the dropoff point. The hope is to be on the trail by about eight am. That way, I'll have pretty much a whole day to make it into the wilderness and put some miles behind me before having to make camp. I think I'll probably end up spending four days on the trail total. Then, it will be back here for a few days before my return to home (read: school).

The Scientist called the night before I left to see if I was all packed and ready to go. I wasn't expecting her to call, but it was nice to talk with her and know she was thinking of me. Then during my drive up, we texted back and forth for a while. Later that evening I called her and we had a nice conversation. I didn't speak with her yesterday, but I think I'll call her tonight after we reach the mountain house.

N is having a tough time at life right now. Pretty much everthing is turning to shit for her. (I like to think it's because she doesn't have me in life.) I don't think she has any direction or a guiding force and it is making things all turn to shit. I feel bad for the girl, but at this point, there really isn't much I can do for her.

I have an old fashioned paper journal that I am taking with me, and I am planning on blogging the entries when I return, so even though there won't be any blogging going on in the next 5 to 6 days, you'll get caught up with my adventures when I return.

As for now, I'm going to make like horse shit and hit the trail. Later comrades.

Mood: Anticipating
Music: The Academy Is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home