Friday, July 15, 2005

About having a cockpitless vehicle

Today was a pretty good day. It was full of highs and lows. I experienced first hand the best part about having my scooter as transportation as well as one of the worst parts. I got up at the butt crack of dawn (5:20) this morning to head to work. The weather was nice at the time, so I took the scoot as I typically do. By the time nine oclock rolled around, it was pouring and continued to pour until late afternoon. I got off at one and was forced to endure the ride across town with rain soaking my jeans and scrubs and stinging the fuck out of my hands and arms. Being caught, unprepared in the rain, on the scooter is no fun and one of the worst parts about having a cockpitless vehicle.

This afternoon I got in the mail my insurance statement from Progressive. My policy is up for renewal on August 13 and they wanted me to go ahead and renew now. Then I looked at the renwewal cost. $75. Damn that's awfully steep, especially for the whole year. At least I knew the bill was coming soon and I had a chance to save up. Seventy five dollar insurance for an entire year, that's one of the best parts about owning the scooter.

This evening I'm going out with the Scientist and her workmates for trivia, wings and brews. I'm sure it will be fun. I just with the afterparty would be more fun. I don't think it will be much fun though, apparently Aunt Flo is in town. It's nice when she gets here, always a relief, but damn she wears out her welcome quckly.

Mood: Fine
Music: Denver Harbor

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

Not waisting any time are we...

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home