Monday, July 25, 2005

The point of concern


My roommate (The Guy) was home during the middle of the day today, as was I. This was a pretty rare occurrence since he has class as well as works and I work morning through midday most days.

I noticed on one of my trips to the kitchen that he had one of my fancy pint glasses our and was mixing a stiff drink. At this point, it was only about 11:00 in the morning. I commented on his choice of beverage given the hour and went back to what I was doing in my room. Later, I made a sandwich and ate in the living room with him as he watched the Amityville Horror on one of the hundreds of movie channels that we get. I noticed that he had another stiff drink at hand.

Eventually, we conversed about why he was home during the middle of the day anyway. He said he was skipping class but had a lab to go to later in the afternoon. I didn't think much of it, but later after he had left for class, I went into the kitchen and found this bottle of bourbon on the counter. Turns out that the Guy had drank all this before class, pretty much between the hours of 11 and 1:30. I've reached the point of concern with him because this isn't typical the Guy behavior, I think he has been hanging out with my Redneck roommate too much lately.

I hope he bombed his quiz because he was shitfaced.

Mood: Good
Music: NOFX

Edit: The guys on the Blogger team deserve a big pat on the back for the new photo upload feature. Before, with Picasa, it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get a photo on the blog, but now it's easy. Then again, you might have guessed that with the number of photos that I've been featuring lately.

UPDATE: The Guy just rolled back in. I went out to the living room and he has another stiff drink. He has finished the bottle of Evan Williams and has now started on a fifth of Old Forrester. He actually went back to the ABC store to procure more bourbon for the evening. This is very uncharacteristic behavior, although it might help explain the parking. He admitted to me that he went to class shitfaced.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

you should switch his booze with slightly fermented apple juice. it's not gonna stop him but you'll get a kick out of it

just a thought

6:31 PM  
Blogger schmims said...

They make fancy pint glasses?

It's five o'clock somewhere. Drink up!

4:52 AM  
Blogger J said...

Yeah it's a pint glass that I stole from a Pub in London when I lived there. It is a Guinness pint glass and has sentimental value to me. I always drink my Guinness from my pint glass!

12:12 PM  
Blogger thecoolestblog said...

Cool blog and cool message

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home