Sunday, July 17, 2005

Running with a load in my pants.

The Scientist and I went out to Applebee's for dinner as planned. After returning to her house and tying up a few loose ends, I headed home to rest for a while and then head out for a run.

I thought that I had let dinner settle enough and it wouldn't be an issue for the run, but as I crested the first hill and crossed my first intersection, I realized that this was not the case. Several minutes later, not five minutes into my run the first cramp developed. I was able to tough it out and run through the pain though.

About twenty minutes into my run, I finally felt on top of my game. My stomach was still full, but at least the cramps had subsided. I made the turn around for home at the twenty six minute mark and was feeling good. By the time I got within a mile and a half of home though it felt as though the lump that was my dinner had shifted from its comfortable resting place in my stomach to well down in the basement of my bowels. By the time I was within a half mile of home, it felt as though I was running with a load in my pants. Of course that wasn't the case,but it sure felt that way.

I made it home without incident and learned a fairly valuable lesson. Let dinner completely settle before heading out on a fifty two minute run. You'll thank yourself later. At least dinner was Applebee's and not mexican. I suppose things could have ended a lot messier...

Mood: Tired
Music: None

2 Comments:

Blogger Marit said...

Last time I ate Applebee's--I got food poisoning and spent the night in the bathroom.

It is that reason, that I now call it: Crapplebees and Yacklebees.

4:59 AM  
Blogger J said...

That's a shame. I love Applebee's. Other than last night, I usually never have a problem with eating there...

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home