Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wierd.


Earlier this week, I found out that my Dad was in Atlanta taking a class. I invited him down tonight to see me run as well as go to dinner. I asked the Scientist if she wanted to join us and as I figured she would she said yes.

Dad got in early and was hanging out at work for a few minutes before I got off. Trying to give him something to do rather than stand around like a dork, I sent him to the gas station for a Powerade. While he was gone, N came in to work to help close down and finish out the day. Shortly after N arrived, the Scientist came in to pick up her dogs. Then, Dad pulled up from the gas station. It was really wierd to be standing 20 feet away from a collision of worlds and having no control over the situation.

N my old girlfriend was helping the Scientist, my new girlfriend with her dogs. Wierd. My Dad who knows N well, but doesn't know (only learned of her today) the Scientist is about to walk in and create the most awkward moment ever. Wierd. N knows about the Scientist, but the Scientist doesn't know the full story about me and N. Wierd. N is intimidated by my Dad and thinks he doesn't like her even though he does. Wierd. And there I am, in the next room, watching all of this through a plate glass window, as if I'm in a fishbowl hoping it all doesn't explode in my face. I return to picking up poo and mopping pee hoping to God that things turn out alright.

They did, no visible awkwardness ensued. Thank goodness.

I ran and did well. 20:05. The heat was killer and pretty much slowed everyones times about 30 seconds from last week, so I was right on pace. Dinner was good, went to Mellow Mushroom and had a great time. My Dad did ask all the stupid CSI questions of the Scientist that everyone she meets asks her. I asked too when I met her.

There was a spectacular lightning storm here in town this evening and I have photographic evidence to prove it. More on that later...

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

That is WEIRD! Hope you didn't have to clean up your own pee and poop after that one.

I say, screw N. (Not literally).

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home