Thursday, August 18, 2005

Spasms of joy


It has been almost 9 months since I have bought dog food. It seems that every now and then, something happens to a bag at the store, it gets peed on, ripped open or somehow else unsellable. Usually I'll step in and offer to take it off my bosses hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The most recent batch of free dog food that I've gotten was small individual packets of sample food sent to us from some company. It included samples of vegetarian dog food as well as organic dog food. I noticed this morning as I scooped out the Beagles daily ration* that she was getting pretty low in the bin, so this afternoon I made a trip down to the storage unit to get some of the sample packages that I got a few months ago.

I brought the back up to the apartment and began the slow tedious process of cutting the tops off of each package and dumping it into the bin. Once the Beagle figured out what I was doing, she became quite interested, sneaking her way into the laundry room to watch me. As I was cutting and dumping, cutting and dumping, she waited patiently next to me, watching my movements with great interest. After I was done mixing some of the new food in with the old, I needed to agitate it and mix it, so the shock of the new food wouldn't upset her beagly stomach. Stirring all the food up made quite a racket and sent the Beagle into spasms of joy thinking a second meal of the day was in order. It was not, but she still seemed to enjoy the excitement.

* The Beagle is on a strict daily ration of 2 cups. No more. Beagles can get notoriously fat given the chance and my beagle is no exception. If she could, she would probably consume upwards of six cups a day and become grossly obese. That's why she is on a strict diet, to keep her lean, trim and fit, just way a beagle should be.

Mood: Eh.
Music: None

5 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

My beagle is 29 lbs. and she only gets 2 cups a day. She's a snuggler too. And a momma's girl. Can't even pee without her winning at the door.

12:23 PM  
Blogger J said...

Beagles are hands down, the best dogs ever. No question about it. If you don't believe me, go get one yourself, it's like that saying, It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. Well, it's like that but with Beagles instead of Jeeps.

2:41 PM  
Blogger schmims said...

The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying interview me.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. How old is your Beagle and how did you get her?

2. What will your degree be in and how do you plan on using it?

3. What is the funniest thing you have done involving alcohol?

4. Describe the woman of your dreams.

5. Are you a booby guy and if so do you like to squish them together?

10:24 AM  
Blogger schmims said...

OH MY GOSH! YOU HAVE TO HELP! I'M BEING INVADED BY SPAM!

How did you get the thing where you have to type in the funny looking word? I'm computer retarded. Step by step instructions please.

I wasn't kidding when I asked if you would fix my computer pretty please!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Samit said...

How did the dog tolerate the vegetarian dog food?

We're about to get a puppy and I'm thinking about trying some vegetarian diets.

"Evolution" seems to have the best nutritional content...but the worst website ever. http://www.petfoodshop.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=197307&product=34

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home