Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What a fucking blast.

And so it comes to this, the day that I have simultaneously been dreading and looking forward to for some time now. As we get nearer to the end, I become more reflective, trying to reconcile all the jumbled thoughts and feelings swirling around inside me, usually to no avail.

Here we are on the first day of the last semester, the beginining of the end. I've got four classes in total, one less than my usual load, two of which I'm looking forward to, two of which I'd rather not take.
  • Intro to Archaeology
  • Services Marketing
  • Strategic Management
  • Marketing Strategy
Archaeology and Services Marketing should be entertaining, the other two, ug, not so much. Strategic Management is the capstone class for the business school and project based. Marketing Strategy is the capstone class for the Marketing Department and not much fun either. I've already found out that my Marketing Strategy exam falls on the day of my Marathon, so I've emailed to see if he will oblige me and let me take it early. He has tentativly agreed, we'll see. He is a new professor and I don't know anything about him, hopefully he won't be a dick.

I'm glad school is starting because I genuinely enjoy it, especially after working like a dog all summer long. The last summer ever that was to be one of the better summers ever never materialized. I spent most mornings cleaning shit followed by afternoon naps from exhaustion and followed up by cleaning shit in the evening. Throw in some cursory running in the evening an early bedtime, rinse and repeat, all summer long. What a fucking blast.

With the summer such a bust, I'm working on a few things to hopefully make this fall much better. I'd be nice to be able to quit my job and kick back, concentrate on school, training and having fun because before I know it, I'll probably be working for the man, 9-5 with a 45 minute commute in Atlanta, what a miserable existance.

On the jobsearch front, the resume is finally nearing completion. After four major revisions it has taken shape and is turning out to be damn fine. If anyone out there wants a peek, let me know and we can work something out. As for now, I'm heading into the first day of the last with a smile on my face and an ache in my heart.

Mood: Muttled
Music: Mxpx

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

I felt the same about my last semester of college. I had two classes that both had one section and were both at 9:00 and so I had 12 hrs. instead of 15. I could have taken that last class over the summer but I stayed and took it in the fall. That was the best semester EVER! I went swimming or to the lake every day and did a lot of backpacking once it got cooler. But as it turns out, the real world is pretty cool. No homework, no cleaning up shitpiss all day, and you actually have money.

I got offered a job in the ATL making twice what I do here and I said hell fuck no to that!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home