Thursday, September 01, 2005

escapism.

After watching the news for most of the afternoon and seeing all the shit that is going down in New Orleans, and that's exactly what it is, on all levels, shit. I was in desperate need of some heroes.

It's gut wrenching to watch what is happening and I need something to counteract what I'm seeing on tv. While I was out walking the Beagle I had the inital idea of coming in and catching up on some LOTR extras that I still haven't seen. Once inside, I scrapped that idea and popped in Band of Brothers.

Exactly what I was in need of. I sat down with the intention of watching one episode but I ended up watching two. I feel much better about the world now and about humanity in general. I guess that's what TV and entertainment in general are for in the end, escapism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home