Tuesday, September 27, 2005

How to blow an interview in one easy step.

Today, I learned how to blow an interview in one easy step. It's quite simple actually. I should have been more prepared. I've always been told to prepare and for whatever reason, I decided not to.

We sat down and his first question was, "So, tell me what you know about my company." This is the part I hadn't prepared for, I hadn't done my research. I started my spiel, Well I know you are an LTL (less than truckload) carrier and ect ect ect. After I finished, he nodded and the first words out of his mouth were, "We are actually a truckload carrier, not an LTL company." At that point, I knew I'd blown it and from here on out I was no longer trying to get a job, merely trying to practice for the next interview and trying not to embarass myself further.

The next two went considerably better. I'm set up for another tomorrow. It was a long day and I'm very tired so I think I'm going to bed now.

Mood: Tired
Music: HIM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home