Wednesday, November 30, 2005

They taste like munching on a stick of incense.

I like beer. When I think of beer, the old Benjamin Franklin saying:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
- Benjamin Franklin

As much as this might make you want to cringe, when I'm drinking cheap domestic stuff, I opt for Coors Light. Given the choice of other domestic stuff, Coors Light is my choice 95% of the time.

Tonight, as usual, I don't have a surplus of money. I finished off my three tall boys of Coors Light. That left me with a choice. 1. Go spend money I don't have on beer. 2. Quit drinking. 3. Continue drinking.

As one might imagine, I chose number three. The only problem with this is that my selection of beers sans Coors Light is quite limited. I have a really old (think summer) Guinness that is way past it's expiration. I also have a three Sierra Nevada Pale Ales. N's brother brought these when he came for a football game earlier in the fall.

I have a severe distates for IPA's. To me, they taste like munching on a stick of incense. Faced with the choice of running to Kroger or drinking an aged Guiness or a nasty IPA, can you guess what I chose?

Damn straight. I chose the IPA. It was wretched. I could only down it in quick bursts of long guzzles. I was only really drinking it for the alcahol content. Certainly not the taste.

I finished one. Now, I'm at home thinking, nasty beer vs. driving to the store for more decent beer vs. going to bed half buzzed.

Lifes's decisions.....

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

My dog is named after Sierra Nevada.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home