Friday, November 25, 2005

Unfortunately, now is my time.

Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was a nice one. We made it up to visit N's brother with no problems. Thursday was spent cooking and doing things around the house. My contribution to the feast was a macaroni pie. It was only the second time I'd made it and it turned out much better this time than the first. Dinner on Thursday was pretty good, but I do have to admit that I missed my family a bit. I missed my sisters deviled eggs and green beans and some of the traditional things we have as a family.

We are headed back to Auburn tomorrow. I'm excited to be going back to my apartment, my beagle and my bed. I'm not excited about going back to school though. Each day of classes brings me closer and closer to the last day. I'm really starting to wish I wasn't graduating. It's not that I'm not ready to enter the 'real working world' more that I just would rather spend my days as a student. Oh well, we all have to grow up sometime, unfortunately, now is my time.

One of the more pleasureable activities that I've been able to take part in here with N's brother and sister in law is the use of his telescope. Two of the nights have been clear and cold. Pretty much ideal weather for astronomy and the spotting of Deep Space Objects. Besides looking at the more mundane things, we got to see some Nebula an a few interesting clusters. Here is some of wha we saw:


The Owl Cluster.


The Orion Nebula.


The Dumbell Nebula (M27)

In addition to all that great, nerdy stuff, we went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was actually my second time seeing it. I had a date on Tuesday and that's what we went to see. It was good, and I recommend it to anyone who has seen the other movies. I saw a new trailer for Narnia, a movie which I have high expectations for and home it can come through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home