Thursday, January 05, 2006

I didn't eat dinner.

My first two days at work have not been bad. The first day, I filled out paperwork as expected. Then I was instructed to do what amounted to a self paced cashier training course. I finished that in just over an hour and they stuck me on a register for a few hours. Yesterday, I went in for a full day and was paired up with an experienced team leader. I shadowed him for most of the day, helping with the things he was doing. It seems like a good, active, physical job that I will like. I probably walked at least a mile and a half just moving around the store. Tonight, my shift is scheduled for two thirty to eleven. I'm not really excited about working that late, but I don't think I'll have to do it too often and it afforded me the opportunity to have a lazy morning.

I ran at the track last night with the regular group before the big game. It was good but I'm certainly not in the shape that I was in for the race. I have some work to do to get back to the level that I want to be at. It will help by dropping a few pounds.

So far, the diet has been a success. N invited me over for lunch on Tuesday and of course she had ordered Mellow Mushroom. I stuffed my face, but that was the last time I ate a proper meal. For dinner that night, I had a banana. Yesterday before work I had a banana for breakfast. Then for lunch I had a cafe mocha from Starbucks. I just looked it up on the Starbucks website and my coffee had almost 325 calories in it (I only got a little cream, not the full amount). That's terrible. Way too much for a coffee drink. I guess I should stick to the black/brewed variety. I didn't eat dinner.

Today, I woke up and finished off my last banana for breakfast. I wasn't planning on eating any lunch, but I decided I probably should, that way I wouldn't be tempted to buy and consume something not so good for me at work tonight on my dinner break.

The scale says I've dropped five pounds since when I weighed myself on Saturday. That's mostly getting my system cleared out and some water weight. Not a loss in fat, which is what I'm looking for. I've got about ten pounds to go until I'm going to be satisfied and will start eating more again.

Starting weight: 161
Current weight: 156
Goal weight: 145

2 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

I was at the doctor's office a few weeks ago and realized I had somehow gained ten pounds. So I've been working to loose it. But even though I've lost weight, I'm not getting smaller in the love handle area. I lost it in my boobs instead. Screw the ten pounds!

4:56 AM  
Blogger schmims said...

You're already sucking at your blog resolution.

Van Morrison rules!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home