Sunday, January 01, 2006

I had a good year.

For certain stretches of last year, I wasn't the blogger I wanted to be. I simply didn't live up to they hype. I am going to do my damndest to be a better blogger this year. Now onto the not so hollow resolutions.

At the changeover from 04 to 05, I was online, playing Halo 2 when midnight struck. Last night, I was passed out on the couch. I woke up about one thirty and uncerimoniously stumbled into my room to the bed. I'm awesome.

I had a good year. I graduated, I landed the job I wanted. All in all, I don't have too many complaints. I think this year, things willing, will shape up to eclipse last year. My financial situation should improve markedly over the course of the next year. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to pay down some of the foolish debt that I find myself in. I'm going to try and delay major purchases such as a laptop, motorcycle, and car so that I can concentrate on becoming more finacially solvent.

By my calculations, I put in almost eight hundred miles last year. This year, I want to join the twelve hundred mile club. I think those that actually record and turn in their mileage earn a pretty good prize at the end of the year. I also want to complete in my first full marathon. I want to run a Boston qualifying time in that marathon. I have several other time related goals. Sub 18:00 5k. Sub 40:00 10k.

Over the corse of the year, I've let my diet slip. Even with all the running I've done, I consequently put on some unwanted weight. I'm sure a little of it is muscle, but a lot of it is fat. Mostly caused from Pizza, Beer, M&Ms, cookies and overindulgence. I resolve, starting tomorrow to clean up my act and treat my body a little healthier. I want to drop 10 pounds to get back to where I want to be, where I feel my ideal weight is, where I feel good about myself, and not so flabby.

I want to have fun and work hard at my jobs. For the first six months, I want to enjoy working in retail and getting some management experience. I want to be a good employee and be looked at as someone who can be counted on to get the job done and do it right. At my 'real' job (and thanks for the congratulations) which starts in July, I want to get in there and show them I am the person they hired and believed I am during the interview. I want to excel. I want to prove that I have the maturity and discipline to make it in the real world.

That's what I've got. Those are my goals/resolutions for the next year. Laid out in plain text. I konw I can do it. I know these are all achieveable. Now, I have a written record, somewhere that I can come back to and review what I want to do and where I am in those pursuits.

Tomorrow morning, I'm joining the group for a 10K Resolution run. It will be six easy miles, then onto breakfast. Six down, elevenhundredninetyfour to go.

So, what are your hopes and goals for the new year?

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

What? No pizza or beer? That's anarchy.

I am so with you on that debt thing. I'm sure I beat you in that catagory.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home