Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Since I didn't win the lottery.

Because I've been traveling through Georgia pretty regularly lately, I've been playing lots of Mega Millions. I watched as the jackpot grew and usually I bought one or two tickets. Thowing two bucks down in support of Schools at the chance of winning fifty million is a deal to me. Even though I've never and probably never win. None of my tickets were winners, in fact, I never matched more than two out of the six numbers. I'm just glad I didn't have any friends around to do this to me.

Since I didn't win the lottery, and college life is over, I have to do something to support myself. That starts today. I'll be leaving for my first day at my local temporary job in a few minutes. I think mostly today, I just have to go fill out paperwork and other tax forms.

From the conversation that I had the other night on the phone with the HR girl, it sounds as if they want me to go to Birmingham for two weeks for training. I didn't know this was part of the deal. This recent revelation doesn't exactly excite me. Being put up in a hotel room in Birmingham for two weeks is not my idea of fun. But if I have to do it, I've gotta do it. After all, this job is only temporary.

If you need me, I'll be out, working for the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home