Friday, January 13, 2006

So, I robbed a bank.

Things are better. Life feels a little less like a prison at this point in time. I went into work yesterday at four am. The good part about that was that we were done by noon thrity, so I had the entire afternoon to do whatever. I like that. Getting home to the hotel yesterday I was actually pretty depressed. N is dating someone new and things seem to be going well for that. That depresses me. I want her to be happy but I want it to be with me and not some other schmuck. I'm selfish like that.

That stuff combined with no money and living in a hotel room and lonliness was starting to get to me and I was pretty depressed for the bulk of the afternoon. N's brother and his wife drove down to meet me for dinner Wednesday. We had sushi. It was fun, the food was good and the company was nice to have. I spend more than I wanted. After the fifteen fifty five that I spent for dinner without leaving a tip left me with about two dollars and change until next Friday. That was also depressing. Even though a sizeable percent of the world's population survives on less than a dollar a day, I'm not sure that I could do it. Even with stealing from the continental.

I knew I had to do something. So I robbed a bank. I went in and told the teller to give me everything she had. I put my hand in my jacket pocket and pretended like I had a gun. She was really scared but forked over five hundred and twenty six dollars. I made what I thought was a clean getaway, but I've seen several patrol cars drive through the hotel parking lot. I think they are on to me.

I didn't really rob a bank, but I did come into some cash. I went back up to work later in the afternoon when I knew the HR guy would be there. I basically laid it out for him and told him I needed some help. He agreed to give me a thrity dollar a day perdium. I walked out two hundred and forty dollars richer. I actually got eat Subway for dinner. Yum.

I'm feeling much better about things now that I have some cash. I feel more flexible. In fact, I might even go shopping on my next off day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home