Thursday, February 02, 2006

Enough with the server logs already.

I know what you are thinking, enough with the server logs already. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm a geek and I analyze these things.

Haley Center is the tallest building on campus and I'm pretty sure the tallest building in the county. I've often thought about how if you were the type of person who was thinking about killing themselves, jumping off the upper deck of the stadium or the ninth floor of Haley Center would be a spectacularly public way to go.

Well, it turns out that someone else out there might have had some of the same thoughts. Using the search terms 'jump "haley center"' someone found me via Google. I wonder about their motivation. Are they thinking of jumping from Haley Center and ending it all? Are they just wondering if anyone else has done it? A Google search is inconclusive. Their IP originated in Virginia so, I'm guessing they were just doing research. But you never know. I'll let you know if we have any jumpers in the next few weeks.

It's really interesting (at least to me) to analyze how and why people find Backside 180. Now, back to your regularly scheduled life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home