Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Get invited backstage

One of the things that I like about my job so far has been the ability to essentially make my schedule. It seems like other than having to work five days a week, they are pretty flexible about when I actually need to be there.

For example, I've already requested off several weekends when I have travel schedule. I've already requested off several days when I know I'll be racing. All my requests have been approved no questions asked.

N's been planning to go home this weekend for some time. It just so happens that I ended up with the weekend off, so I'll be joining her. I'm excited because I haven't been home with her in a long time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of the last time I was home with her. It was sometime during the fall, I think August or September. It's always nice to get out of town for a weekend once a month or so, just so I don't get in a rut. I'm sure I'll end up eating way too much this weekend but such is the price you pay when you visit Greeks. The food is just oh so good.

I was pretty bummed when I didn't get to catch the Boys Night Out/Armor for Sleep show in Atlanta last week. N's brother and I have plans to see The Lawrence Arms and NOFX in Atlanta at the end of the month. It's going to be a boys weekend out. We are going to meet at the show on Friday, party our asses off, get beat up in the pit and sack out at a hotel before returning to our respective corners of Alabama on Saturday.

The Lawrence Arms and Brendan Kelly is N's brothers favorite band and they have a new album coming out soon. He is actually all about some Brendan Kelly all the way from The Broadways to The Falcon. Looking around their website, I found out that they are going to be in Birmingham on the 19th. They are playing at a small place that sounds pretty much like someones basement with a PA. We are going.

We are going to see them two times in a week. In all probibility, it should top out as the best week ever. The plan is to go to the show on the 19th, try to meet the band and tell them we are coming to Atlanta on the 24th to see them. Maybe if we aren't too big of dorks we could make friends and get invited backstage or get to party with them. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Now, what am I going to wear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home