Sunday, February 19, 2006

Not Valid.

J2, aka Navy Boy, dropped by on his way home Friday night. When I was home at Christmas, I picked up some of the nectar of life for him with the promise that he would come to visit and pick it up.

What I meant by that was that he would come and stay a weekend. Well, there must have been some miscommunication because he took it to mean, that he could drop by and pick it up and be on his way.

Sure enough, he dropped by, picked up his Carolina Blonde, ate some killer spaghetti that I cooked him and was out the door. At least he had a good excuse, it was his Mom's birthday and he wanted to see her. Ok, I can live with that.

N's brother and I are meeting in Birmingham this evening to see The Lawrence Arms and The Loved Ones. It should be a fun show and it's only seven bucks to get in the door. While J2 was here on Friday, and I found out he didn't have to be back at work till Tuesday, I had the brilliant idea that he could come over this afternoon, go to the show with us and head back to the ship tomorrow morning.

He sounded into the idea of going to the show but pulled out some lame excuse about not wanting to do that much driving. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't really any more because he practically had to come back this way on his way back to the ship anyway. He continued to sidestep actually commiting to coming back and going to the show.

So, I decided to hold one of his six packs for ransom. Basically I told him he could take what was left of the sixer we were working on but he couldn't have the other one until he came back Sunday to go to the show. He didn't like that too much.

When he was ready to leave we went round and round about whether he would come back with him begging for the beer so he could be on his way and me begging him to come back and go to the show.

I eventually caved, knowing he probably wouldn't come back. But I did make me promise that if he indeed didn't come back that he would have to have a real, valid excuse to not come.

This morning his excuse was that he wanted to see his Mom more and he had some stuff to do around his house and that he's a pussy and didn't want to drive anymore. Not valid. At this point I'm a little miffed that he didn't come back. I really wanted him to go to the show with me tonight. It's going to be a blast, but a lot less so since he won't be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home