Thursday, February 09, 2006

A pretty big part of my life

I've always considered getting a tattoo, I just haven't found anything that I've liked enough to want to permanently ink myself. Also the fact that I'm going to be a suit and work for the man pretty much precludes anything being anywhere that I can't hide it. It's not exactly possible to walk into a business meeting with a bunch of Danes and have 'Thug 4 Life' tattooed on your neck.

The end of next month will mark one year since I started running. Since that time, it's become a pretty big part of my life. I'm running at least five days a week, shooting for the twelve hundred mile club and I have a full racing schedule this spring.

In honor of my transformation from sedentary fatass to fit runner, I've been thinking of getting a running tattoo. How exactly I want to do this is still up for debabte and I'd like your input.

Both Google and Yahoo turn up suprisingly little when using keywords such as 'runners tattoo', 'running tattoo', 'marathon tattoo'. Here is what I've found though:

This is one that I've found. I like it but if I get a runner like this I'm not sure that I want him on my ankle. N and I have pretty much decided that tattoos like this look fratastic and are not for me. I'm thinking of this guy or some variation on the back of my calf.

I don't know that I really like this one but the idea of it is pretty cool. I think this is on the back of this guys calf. I don't know that I'd go with one this big and I don't think I'd put a date and or a time but as and example I think it has some merit.


I think this is the concept that I like the most. I've been searching for a shoe or shoes with wings but I can't seem to find anything I really like. I did come across this persons tattoo. I don't really think there could be anything to say 'I'm a Runner' more than wings tattooed to your ankles. The thing about this is that in order for it to look right, I'd need to get one on each ankle. I'm not sure that I like All the colors, but I think I could get the artist to design something that would be more agreeable for me.

I think the running theme is something that has become enough of a part of my life that I think I feel comfortable immortalizing it on my skin. I know it's easy to say this now but at this point other than injury, I don't know why I'd ever stop running. I know life happens and people quit the things they love all the time but right now it does mean a lot to me.

So, what do you think? What do you think of tattoos in general? Ultimatly it is a personal decision but your input does mean something to me so please comment. What do you think of these possibles? What other input or advice do you have? Thanks in advance for your input.

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

I don't like the first one. The second could be pretty cool. The third too, but in black and with a different wing pattern. That one looks like it goes on a parot. I hear the ankle hurts like a be-atch!

I have a sea turtle on my lower left back with a tribal looking swirly pattern on it's shell. It's been there for seven years and I still love it. And no it's not a target. I got mine before the back tatoo was the trendy thing to do.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home