Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The ass rape by Ticketmaster

I came this (--) close to buying an Xbox 360 yesterday. We got in six, which is unprecedented. Maybe they are actually trying to get some more into the supply chain as they have been saying for a month now. I ended up not buying it, which is the right decision. But damn, I could almost taste it.

N's brother, N and I are planning on going to see the Alkaline Trio in a few weeks. I should be a good show. I've got a race that morning and then we are doing twelve extra miles after the race. That afternoon, we will go to Atlanta to the show and probably spend the night. That Sunday is my birthday, so get your presents ready to mail.

Speaking of shows, the Alkaline Trio show is seventeen bucks. Once Ticketmaster rapes me with the five dollar and fifty cent surcharge, it's twenty three. I'd wait until the day of the show but I've gotten to Atlanta before only to be told the show has sold out.

I saw on an Atlanta calendar that HIM will be there at the end of the month or sometime in May. I got excited because I've been waiting a while for them to travel from Finland to the Deep South for a show. Then I found out it's twenty seven bucks. On top of that the ass rape by Ticketmaster and we are entering thirty five dollar territory. By the time you throw in gas and possibly a hotel room, your dropping over a hundred bucks. Fuck that. I can get into the Warped Tour for less than that. I think I'll pass.

I talked to J2 about it hoping to get some conformation that twenty seven was outrageous for this type of band. He informed me that that rate is a steal and he paid forty five to see Velvet Revolver. Hmm. I stick to my guns on that one and say it's still a ripoff.

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

TicketMaster blows. I got tickets to Panic at the Fox in the A. T. L. for $50 a piece. Bill total was $132.10. Seriously.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home