Friday, March 31, 2006

Just be on the safe side.

When I clocked out today, it put me at thrity nine and a half or forty hours. I'll probably put in a solid nine tomorrow. It's been another long week.

I'd planned on doing fifteen miels tomorrow morning with the group but I don't think it's going to happen. After racing Saturday, I came home Sunday and should have rested. Instead I ran five point two miles.

I've done twenty three this week, including tonights run with the Frog. We went pretty slow this evening but my knees still felt a bit funny, like they were starting to hurt again. I'm going to take tomorrow off and probably Sunday too just be on the safe side.

My next race is next Satruday morning. It's a 5k out at the Forest Ecology Preserve. It will be my first race on a trail. I don't think it's particularly hilly or fast but I'm sure it's going to be a blast.

My friends that are going to Boston for the Boston Marathon have fifteen scheduled for that day so, we will probably do another twelve after the race -- if my knees can take it. At this point I'm going to treat them a little gingerly. Another stab at a marathon is in the works and this time I'm going to try to train smarter and not as hard.

I need to listen to my body and do what it tells me rather than running it into the ground as I did in the fall.

Edit:
I turned in my mileage for the twelve hundred mile club. I ran one hundred thirty seven miles and seven tenths this month. After the low mileage of January, I think I'm now up to an average of one hundred a month for the first quarter of the year. Only nine hundred more to go for the goal...

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

Two words. Running. Smith.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home