Monday, May 15, 2006

Based more on effort than mileage,

Not having a vehicle is really becoming quite bothersome. I was supposed to go home and head to the Outer Banks with my family this weekend but without transportation to North Carolina, the trip had to be called off.

I still had Thursday through Saturday off. Being off was nice but it will cut into the next paycheck so I have to be more frugal this paycheck. It's cutting into my fun money.

N decided to go home for a week between semesters. I went down with her on Friday and came back on Saturday afternoon so I could be at work on Sunday at five. Although it was a quick trip and I certainly didn't want to come back it was nice to get out of town and see her family again. Her boyfriend is meeting her down there today through Wednesday, it will be interesting to see how the family reacts to him. I feel bad for any other guy (I take that back, I don't really feel bad) she brings home because they love me so much. Maybe one day she'll figure it out.

On Friday before we left, I headed down to Bartram's Trail with the Orater and another running friend. While certainly not as rugged at the AT, it's a nice trail with plenty of small hills and dips and turns. We did out nine mile out and back run in just over an hour and eighteen minutes. It was a very challenging nine miles. On the trail I discovered and used muscles I never use on the road. Although it was challenging and I ended up with raw nipples from not taping, it was certainly worth it. Based more on effort than mileage, I counted it as my long run of the week.

I'm supposed to be racing this weekend in Asheville, NC. N has to work and let me know last night that I wouldn't be able to borrow her car. I'm not sure how I'm getting there. The budget is tight and a rental seems to be out of the question. I'm trying to talk my folks into making the twelve hour round trip twice to pick me up. That'd be a lot to ask and require a lot of dedication on their part but I'm sure they are up to the challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home