Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I minimize my accomplishment

I won my very first race this weekend. I met the group at six and ran the course with a few friends before the race. It was good to get an idea of the course because it was fairly hilly. Once I had an idea of what I was up against, I knew sub forty was out of the question. Especially after already putting six miles in before the race.

The race went well. I ran strong and am proud that I won. When it gets brought up, I minimize my accomplishment by saying, 'yeah but the frog wasn't there and it wasn't an elite field.' I don't know why I do that. I know if others who didn't show had I might/probably wouldn't have won but they didn't show and I did win. Why can't I just enjoy it rather than minimizing what I did.

I'm fairly proud of myself. Here's the photographic evidence:


I have two races this weekend. An in town 5k Friday night. I hear they have good prizes. The Frog and I are travelling to Georgia on Saturday morning for a ten and a half K. I'll write more about them in a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

congrats!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home