Sunday, June 11, 2006

Approximately three and one half years.

Much like the Olympics, I look forward to the World Cup for approximately three and one half years. The wait is over and today was spent on the couch watching all three matches. The earliest experience that I can recall with the world cup is back in 1994 when it was here. I clearly remember being in Cincinnati and watching team USA beat Columbia. What a great game. I've been a fan since. It also helps that I have played the world's game since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

I remember lazy summer mornings and watching matches with J2. I think we watched most of the 1998 world cup together that summer.

When time came around for World Cup 2002, I'd just started dating N. I remember not getting to watch as much of the tournament as I'd of liked to but I did see the semi final and title games. I remember getting up at five in the morning to watch Brazil beat Germany.

The tournament starts for us tomorrow and we have drawn a tough Czech team. I think we are good enough to win but that remains to be seen. I've got to work tomorrow, but as soon as I get home I'll be turning on the Tivo to watch it in replay. I just hope I can avoid the news of how it turns out until I can get home to watch it for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger schmims said...

I am so tempted to be an ass and spoil it.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home