Monday, July 10, 2006

A family of univited guests raising their noisy brood in your chimney.

My parents have birds in the chimney. You can hear them. You can hear when the parents come home. The babies go nuts, yelling, "feed me, feed me first!"

It's quite annoying. I don't spend a whole lot of time upstairs. In fact, I've got my Tivo set up downstairs so if I'm watching TV, it is away from the chimney in question.

It's still quite annoying to have a family of univited guests raising their noisy brood in your chimney. They were there last summer but this summer there must be more because the noise and the annoyance is much greater.

After watching Syriana with my folks and hearing the birds go off and irregular intervals throughout the movie, I decided to look up the chimney and see exactly what we were dealing with. With me looking up holding a flashlight, Dad opened the flue.

Just what I expected. The babies in the nest went nuts and low and behold there is a starling or some other bird clinging to the wall staring at me with a wild look in it's eye. It's a wonder one didn't fall down into the fireplace and then take off into the house. Somehow we avoided it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of these things save lighting a massive fire and smoking the bastards out while killing the chicks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home