Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm back from the wilderness.

I'm back from the wilderness. The six days that I spent deep in a remote portion of the Smoky Mountians were awesome. I met some neat people, worked hard and learned a lot. Just like last summer, I kept a journal while I was on the trail and I'll probably be posting those entries later in the week.

I'm off this week, hanging out at the parents house and trying to relax before 'real life' kicks me in the ass next week. N is coming to visit on Friday. Sunday, I'll be flying to New Jersey to start my job. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

I went out for a run this evening after being off for a week due to my time on the trail. I felt pretty good but could definitely I hadn't had a quality workout in a week. I think I'm shooting for a November marathon. If things work out, I'll meet up with some friends and run it with them. I need to start my training next weekend but that's going to be fairly tough with all the moving/new job turmoil going on in my life. I hope I can keep my running on track, it will be a priority for me so I think I'll be able to.

That's what I've been up to, how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home