Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pretty cheap at 2500/month.

The job is good. My two weeks of training have flown by and Monday morning, it's time to sink or swim. I hope I'm going to swim. For some reason I've been very anxious about work Monday. The past two nights I haven't slept well and have had dreams about work.

Friday was a busy day and I didn't finish my major tasks of the day until right at five. I should have been done much earlier but it didn't happen. It's pretty high pressure trying to get all the containers dispatched and onto the vessel in time. The trucking company that I mainly use has a lot of issues with getting things done but they are an owned subsidiary and have garaunteed business from us so I think they don't try as hard.

My three roommates and I signed a lease Friday for a really great house. It was built in 1890 and refurbished in 2004. It's really pretty nice and also pretty cheap at 2500/month. It's incredible how expensive it is to find a decent place to rent at a resonable price here. I'm just glad I don't live in Manhattan, I definitely couldn't afford it.

That's it for now. My car comes next week and I'll have my things delivered to me on Sept 15 when we move in. I'll be out of the country for the last half of September in Copenhagen for a buisness trip so it's doubtful that regular updates will return until into October. But I'll try to do what I can until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home